At Fluval, we are huge fans of aquatic art and beauty. We are continually amazed at the effort and creativity that goes into our fishkeeper’s aquariums and want them to be recognized for it!
We’ll be judging our favorite photos on the following criteria: Technical merit (quality of photo in terms of lighting, resolution, etc), Aesthetics (beauty of the fish or aquarium) and Artistic flair (creative approach to capturing the scene, such as unique angle or perspective).
Here’s how to enter your fish and aquarium into the contest:
1. Visit the Fluval Facebook Page and become a Fan.
2. We’re looking for two pictures per entry: 1 portrait of a single fish (or group of fish) and 1 complete tank shot (you must provide both to be eligible).
3. Post your pictures to Fluval’s wall with a short description of the fish or aquarium
4. Share your pictures with friends and comment on your favorites!
All entries must be posted to the Fluval Facebook wall by midnight January 17th, 2010. The winner of the Fluval EDGE (in Pewter, Black, or Burnt Orange – your choice!) will be announced on Monday, January 25th, 2010.
Contest is subject to the following rules and regulations:
1. All valid entries must include an attached file that shows aquarium/fish. You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright in all pictures entered.
2. All entries must be in digital format.
3. All entries must be at minimum resolution of 150 DPI (or higher) and sized 240 x 240 pixels or larger – Larger entries may be reduced to fit the allotted space and to allow optimized download. – Suggested maximum size should be less than 1 M.
4. No lewd, obscene, exploiting or abusive graphics will be accepted.
5. By submitting a photo to the Fluval Facebook page, each contestant agrees to abide by the rules and regulations governing this contest.
6. Multiple unique entries are allowed, but only one person per household can win. Any and all duplicate pictures will be discarded.
7. All entries must but uploaded and submitted to the Fluval Facebook page “Wall” (www.facebook.com/fluval) by the contest close date of midnight January 17, 2010.
8. The contest draw will be January 24, 2006 at 12:00 PM. One (1) winning entry will be selected from all eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by e-mail shortly after the contest draw date. The prize must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions, refunds, transfers or cash equivalent payments will be allowed. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries received.
A. One (1) First Place Prize: 1 x Fluval EDGE Aquarium Kit (Item number 15395 or 15396 or 15397) Approximate Retail Value: $149.99 USD
10. All accepted photos may be displayed on the Fluval Blog (www.fluvalblog.com), Fluval Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/fluval), and Fluval Twitter Page (www.twitter.com/fluvalblog) as they are received for the duration of the contest period.
11. This contest is open to legal US Residents 18 year of age or older, Canadian residents of legal age or if under the legal age with the permission of a parent or legal guardian.
12. The following are excluded from entering: employees, representatives, agents and of Rolf C. Hagen Inc. its subsidiaries and partners and their immediate families, participating dealers; their immediate families; and any persons with whom they are domiciled.
13. No purchase is necessary for entry into this contest.
14. All entries become the sole property of Rolf C. Hagen Inc. and none will be returned. By entering this contest, all entrants agree to the use and publication of their names, likeness and addresses to be used for promotion purposes by Rolf C. Hagen Inc., or its advertising agencies, without compensation either during or after the contest.
15. A list of the winners’ name and province and the winning photographs will be published on the website shortly after the winners have been informed.
16. Selection of winners will be by a panel of judges selected from the Web and Marketing departments of Rolf C. Hagen Inc.
17. Photos will be judged based on technical merit (quality of photo in terms of lighting, resolution, etc), aesthetics (beauty of the water garden or pond) and Artistic flair (creative approach to capturing the scene, such as unique angle or perspective)
18. All decisions by judges are final.
This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations.